I'm a little stunned today. There have been so many excellent posts today, and I am in awe.
And I feel, well...
I want, so desperately, to do more for the environment, but sometimes it's so difficult.
We're trying. We're made the little changes.
- We've purchased the reusable bags - and I'm trying to remember to bring them with me when I shop.
- We own only one car, and it has fantastic fuel efficiency.
- Mr Babbler takes public transit to work every day.
- We have switched almost every light bulb in our house over to high efficiency compact fluorescents bulbs.
- We are buying in larger quantities to cut down on packaging.
- I have cut down significantly on the number of magazines I purchase. (I can't, however, seem to break the book purchase habit.)
- We still use bottles. The bad ones.
- We still use household cleaners. Not the good ones. But oh how I love the smell of Windex.
- We have computers that are left on far too frequently.
- We use a dryer instead of line drying.
- We buy packaged foods.
- We produce (far) too much garbage (see above).
We have so much more to do. Here in the Babbler house we're going to try. We have to try. We will slough off the weight of laziness and rouse ourself from our torpor, and make some changes. Because at the end of the day, no less than the fate of the world and the future of humanity rests on it, really.